#39: The Shortlist | October

October 31, 2017

I can't believe it's the end of October already! As usual, here are all of the lovely things I've been making use of this month in traditional shortlist style...


  

TV & Film

WINNER:

  • 'Once Upon A Time' - Yes, six years late, I've finally joined this bandwagon and what a wagon it is. I'm only on season 2 because binge-watching + guilt of not doing uni work means I've only managed a measly 36 episodes in 30 days... I know, terrible. I think the writing is flawless - the interlinking STORYlines are fantastic and I'm always HOOKed by every cliff hanger... Okay, okay! I'll stop.

NOMINATIONS:

  • Marilyn Monroe Box Set - Come along now, it's no secret I love Marilyn Monroe. Having watched a lot of her films before, she's actually on the month's favourites for aesthetic purposes. I've used the DVDs to create wall art in my dormitory room with titles like 'Bus Stop' and 'Let's Make Love' being great attractions to glam up my room!
  • Georgia Productions - Not exactly "films" as such, but all the same I've been binge-watching like crazy. This teenage YouTuber has got a seriously cool sense of humour and has provided me with a lot of laugh out loud moments, when I needed some light relief from my 800-page textbooks.

Place & Travel

WINNER:
  • Hastings - I used to spend every school holiday not far from here, in a little flat that belonged to my Grandmother, then to my mum. As such, Hastings was a popular attraction, regardless of weather or season. Whizzing round on the Caterpillar rollercoaster, aged 8, in a bobble hat and gloves... those were the good ol' days! I returned there last weekend, had a walk around and relived some past memories... Note to Self: Adults do not fit in tiny, made-for-kids rollercoasters.
NOMINATIONS:
  • East Midlands Trains - Free wifi on a 2 hour train journey, lemme hear a HELL YEAH! That and the seats are comfy, there's an onboard food trolley like some kind of Harry Potter scene, plus I paid less than £40 for a return to go visit the bestie, who lives 3 hours away!
  • Home - With show week for 'Oliver!' taking over most of my life, I went home to stay with my parents for a week. They cooked food that wasn't frozen... what a far-out concept for a university student. Like Dorothy said herself... "There's no place like home."

Fun & Games

WINNER:
  • Rollerskates - Bringing my rollerskates to uni was a great idea. Going to get a midnight snack from the kitchen wearing those bad boys not only saves time, but keeps me awake too for those all-important all-nighters when the deadlines are coming on fast.
NOMINATIONS:
  • 'Cards Against Humanity' - The ultimate student game... which I'm an absolute boss at. Challenge me... I dare you.
  • Facebook Video Chat - 'Member the aforementioned bestie 3 hours away? That's roughly the amount of time we spend on video chat in the evenings. I think we've done worse too... could be 4... 5 hours? Who knows, either way definitely in my nominations for fun this month. Literally I've no idea what I'd do without it.

So those are my favourites for this month! Let me know what you've been loving recently, via my social media links up top, or in the comments below. And remember...



Hannah x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

What do you think? There's lots more to come..