#35: The Shortlist | September

October 03, 2017

I cannot believe how quickly this month has gone by! Through the month of September I've packed up, moved out and started a brand new life at university. But I couldn't have done it without these handy lifesavers throughout the month...




Skincare and Beauty

WINNER:

  • Makeup Revolution Luxury Banana Powder - For olive skinned girls like me, finding a powder that doesn't make me look white as a sheet is a huge challenge. This yellow pigmented powder literally airbrushes my face, reducing redness and tired under eye bags! My monthly must-have for sure.

NOMINATIONS:

  • Superdrug Naturally Radiant Complete  Cleanser - I'm sure I've hit a late puberty because I had a clear face as a young teen but recently the spots just don't stop! To top that off, I'm allergic to tea tree, making spot treatments I can use very hard to come by. But this cleanser has shown me improvement in a matter of days and with kiwi extract inside, it smells INCREDIBLE.
  • Sudocrem - The amount of people who told me to try this out on my spots is unreal. I didn't believe it and feel I owe everyone a huge apology for my doubt. I use it every night before I go to bed, slather it on across my T-zone and in the morning - poof! Most of the little buggers are gone. Genius.

Shopping

WINNER:
  • Aldi - I got a weekly shop for £8.88. 'Nuff said.
NOMINATIONS:
  • Superdrug - As you can see from above, I love Superdrug's own skincare range. Plus, the prices are ridiculously low. That banana powder - £5! As well as that, my student ID plus Health and Beautycard gets me a hefty discount. Get in there student life.
  • Poundland - I used to work in one of these so I know what I'm talking about when I say BUY YOUR CLEANING STUFF THERE. You're paying double, triple prices at supermarkets for your Fairy Liquid and your detergents. Get them at Poundland - the stuff inside is exactly the same.

Lifestyle

WINNER:
  • Bullet Journalling - Big fan of this one. My Bullet Journal helps me destress and keep track of all my day-to-day tasks. Plus, my habit tracker page means I know how much sleep I'm getting and how this is affecting my productivity. Clever, huh?
NOMINATIONS:
  • Lush - Anyone who knows me knows I never stop talking about Lush products. I've recently invested in solid shampoo and conditioner bars and I am never looking back. They last for SO LONG and smell amazing too! My decision to ditch the bottles means less packaging waste and less money spent in the long run.
  • Morning Showers - When I can be bothered to drag myself out of bed, a morning shower really helps to energise me, especially since I've got my Seanik shampoo bar which fills the room with a citrus, sea salt scent to clear the airways. I always feel more productive if I take an early shower before getting on with the day.

That's all from me this week! Let me know what you've been loving this month and remember...


Hannah x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

What do you think? There's lots more to come..